How to Become a Member of Parkesburg Baptist Church
There are four steps to take in order to become a part of our church family:
1. You must receive Jesus Christ into your heart as your personal Savior and Lord.
2. You need to complete a Christian Discipleship class in preparation for baptism and membership.
3. You must follow the Lord, through the waters of believer’s baptism by immersion.
4. You need to be presented to the church fellowship at a Communion Sunday for the “Right Hand of Fellowship” and welcome.
We welcome membership into our church by one of the following ways:
1. Profession of Your Faith and Believer’s Baptism.
If you desire to accept God’s free gift of forgiveness and new life through Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and witness this by Believer’s Baptism, you may join the church.
2. Reaffirmation of Your Faith through Christian Experience.
If you have previously publicly committed your life to Christ but have no letter of transfer from another Church, you may join us by reaffirming your faith.
3. Letter of Transfer
If you are currently a member of another Evangelical Christian Church, you may join us by letter of transfer. Our Church Clerk will be pleased to send for such a letter upon your request.
You may express your desire to fulfill any of the above by coming forward during the invitation at the close of any worship services, or by expressing your desire to the pastor or a deacon.